Teaching Areas & Research Interests
- Disabled-sports physiotherapy and classification
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Mind-body exercise
- Dual-tasking performance
- Chan WN, Tsang WWN (2021) Compromised cognition, but not stepping-down performance, when dual-tasking in stroke survivors, Journal of Motor Behavior. doi:10.1080/00222895.2021.1918054.
- Chan WN, Tsang WWN (2020). Short-term Tai Chi training may benefit arterial compliance but not heart rate variability among stroke survivors: A randomized controlled trial. International Chinese Journal of Health Practice, Volume 1, Issue 1.
- Chan WN, Tsang WWN (2018). The effect of Tai Chi training on the dual-tasking performance of stroke survivors: a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Rehabilitation, 32(8): 1076-1085. doi:10.1177/0269215518777872.
- Chan WN, Tsang WWN (2017). Effect of Tai Chi training on dual-tasking performance that involves stepping down among stroke survivors: A pilot study. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2017, Article ID 9134173, 12 pages, 2017. doi:10.1155/2017/9134173.
- Chan WN, Tsang WWN (2017). Comparing performance of turning-while-walking with a concurrent cognitive task between stroke survivors and controls. PLoS ONE, 12(12): e0189800. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0189800.
- Chan WN, Xiao J, Tsang WWN (2015). Effects of Tai Chi exercise on physical function and parent-child relationship in adults and children: A pilot study. Journal of Child and Adolescent Behavior, 3:6. doi:10.4172/2375-4494.1000263.
- Fong DT, Lam MH, Lao ML, Chan WN, Yung PSH, Fung KY, Lui PP, Chan KM (2008). Effect of medial arch-heel support in inserts on reducing ankle eversion: A biomechanical study. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research, 3:7. doi:10.1186/1749-799X-3-7.
Selected Professional & Community Services
- Medical & Sports Science Committee member, Asian Paralympic Committee
- Athletes Performance Enhancement Sub-committee member, Hong Kong Paralympic Committee & Sports Association for the Physically Disabled
- Team physiotherapist, Hong Kong Paralympic Committee & Sports Association for the Physically Disabled (Major events appointed: Paralympic Games, London, 2012; Asian Para Games, Incheon, 2014; Guangzhou, 2010)
- International Classifier (para-archery), World Archery Federation (Major events appointed: Fazza Para-archer World Ranking Tournament 2019, 2020, Asian Para Games, 2018, World Archery Para Championships 2017)